Welcome

Welcome to this blog of my film reviews. Some have been drafted carefully on paper, others I have sat and typed. I'm going to make it clear right now that I don't expect you to agree with my (re)views, or to like my style of writing. However, I want my views to be just out there and open, as a person who wishes to express himself from deep within. Feel free to comment and debate with me, but I do ask that you are civil and not harsh, as any comments which are basically swear words and insults will automatically be deleted. Also any text that is in orange (and often bold) is a Hyperlink to either a source, or a previous post for background reference.

Thursday, 25 November 2010

A New Series of Studies in How Genres Have Changed Over the Years

The idea came to me about two and a half weeks ago at my church in Mayfair, London of all places. That sounds weird doesn't it? However, there is a simplish explanation. Congregated on the balcony at the back with a number of other 18 to 25 year olds after the service I began talking with my good friend Phil and a guy called Chris, whom I met for the first time that night. We talked about ourselves, and I talked about my love and passion for film, which prompted both Phil and Chris to ask how different genres had changed and developed over the years, which lead to a ridiculously hardcore discussion to have over tea and Doritoes. This inspired me to blog it, and I'm sorry it's taken so long to begin. The first one I will do later tonight, and it shall be sci-fi, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment