Welcome

Welcome to this blog of my film reviews. Some have been drafted carefully on paper, others I have sat and typed. I'm going to make it clear right now that I don't expect you to agree with my (re)views, or to like my style of writing. However, I want my views to be just out there and open, as a person who wishes to express himself from deep within. Feel free to comment and debate with me, but I do ask that you are civil and not harsh, as any comments which are basically swear words and insults will automatically be deleted. Also any text that is in orange (and often bold) is a Hyperlink to either a source, or a previous post for background reference.

Thursday, 5 January 2012

Another Unecessary Sequel? This Franchise has Already been Milked Tonnes!

I've just discovered that a project currently entitled Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is due to be released in Summer 2013. Disney - you released a lovely and hugely fun film in Summer 2003, and then followed it with three poor and unecessary sequels (2006/7/11). I get the fourth film left it open for one more sequel at least, and that the franchise's gross revenue of nigh on $3.728 billion is a motive for more films to be made. But all the poor reviews of the sequels should surely be a dissentive. Disney was once about making quality films for the family, now the live action stuff that's churned out every year is almost always sloppy. I'm not looking forward to this fifth Pirates film, and they're even talking about a sixth. Disney should just be satisfied by what they've done and move on to something else, regardless of how enjoyable and loveable Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) had amazingly remained.

No comments:

Post a Comment